Clover dies from his injuries after surgery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A dog taken in by animal control officials in Madera County recently, has died.
Action News told you about Clover last week. A Good Samaritan saw the poodle mix tangled and tied up, with a rope cutting into its neck.
Officials at the Madera County animal shelter say it appears the rope was put on the dog's neck as a young puppy and never taken off or adjusted. They called it a severe case of animal cruelty.
Clover underwent surgery to remove the rope from his neck, but died from his injuries Wednesday.
Police say they hope to charge the owners with animal cruelty.
animal, madera, madera county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party 55 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom 55 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 55 min ago
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos