Clovis teens on buses involved in Nevada bust
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nevada police confiscated drugs and alcohol from five tour buses Thursday.
Those buses carried 250 California teenagers on a ski trip, including teens from Clovis.
Investigators made the bust in Elko, Nevada. This was not a school-sponsored trip.
The teens were traveling from California to Utah for the ski trip.
A store clerk at a truck stop tipped off police after seeing passengers smoking in the parking lot.
"Some of them apparently were smoking or maybe even smoking marijuana outside the bus, and it appeared suspicious to the people at the Maverick. The Maverick store people called us," Elko Police Chief Don Zumwalt said.
The teens were let go because there's not enough jail space in Elko. Otherwise they would have all been charged with a misdemeanor.
No one on the busses claimed to be a chaperone.
The tour bus company said it is impossible to track what passengers bring on the bus.
clovis, fresno county, nevada, drug bust, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home 8 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop 32 min ago
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Accuweather Forecast
57 min ago