Man pistol-whipped in Southeast Fresno home invasion
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Police are asking for your help in finding three suspects, who broke into a home in Southeast Fresno and pistol whipped one of the people inside. The home invasion happened just before 9:30 Thursday morning on the 5200 block of East Kaviland near Peach Avenue.
Police said four people, including two children under the age of five, were inside the home when two men kicked in the front door. One of the men was armed with a handgun.
"The robbers knew there was cash and drugs, as well as possibly weapons and that's exactly what they took," said Lt. Burke Farrah. "A handgun was taken in the robbery as well as cash and a quantity of marijuana," said Farrah.
Police said the thieves also made off with keys to the family's SUV, but dropped them in the driveway before taking off in a getaway car.
When officers arrived they found the family alive, but badly shaken. During the robbery, one of the victims, an adult male, was hit over the head with a handgun and was transported to Community Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
"Our victims tell us they didn't know them (the suspects), but it's still early in the investigation," said Farrah.
Police believe the home was targeted. During their investigation, detectives discovered two indoor marijuana grows they said is within legal limits.
"The amount is consistent with medical use," said Farrah. "However we'll confirm that. At this time we're not looking to put charges on the victim."
Instead detectives are focusing their efforts on finding the suspects. This as neighbors are try to come to terms with what happened.
"It's a really quiet place so I don't know what's going on," said Lydia Romero. I come through here all the time and everyone says Hi to each other so I'm really surprised right now."
"We've had a couple of things happen in the outskirts of the neighborhood, but nothing this close yet," said Nate Raw. "With little kids around, you want your neighborhood to be safe and for people to look out for one another."
Police are looking for a dark grey, four-door Mitsibishi Lancer between the years 2000 and 2002. If you have any information about the suspects or the getaway car contact Fresno police at 621-7000.
crimetracker, home invasion, robbery, medical marijuana, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama