FBI and Madera Co Sheriff's look to ID dead man
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff's Department announced Friday that the FBI is helping them try to find the identity of an elderly man who was found dead in an olive orchard in December.
"We still have no idea who he is," said Sheriff Anderson. "We don't know where he lived; if he had family."
Sheriff Anderson said it's still not clear how he died because preliminary autopsy results were inconclusive.
"All we know right now is that the lifeless body of a man was found dumped in an olive orchard four days before Christmas," said Sheriff Anderson.
A forensic specialist with the FBI has released a rendering of the unidentified man (pictured above). The man is described as light skinned elderly African American who is approximately 60-plus years old. He stood 5' 8" tall and weight 160 pounds. He had brown eyes, a shaved head, and a graying mustache and goatee. He had several chipped teeth and some missing teeth. He also had a 8 inch vertical scar between his chest and his abdomen, a small scar across his nose, and a cauliflower left ear.
The man was found at around 9 a.m. on December 21, 2011. His naked body was dumped about two rows into an olive orchard near the southwest corner of Avenue 7 and Road 34 intersection.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Madera County Sheriff's Department at (559) 675-7770.
madera county, madera ranchos, fresno northwest, crimetracker, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe