Tulare County man shoots home invasion suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County sheriff's deputies are investigating a bizarre home invasion robbery. They say a man shot a suspect who was trying to break into his home. It happened Friday on Avenue 352 near Road 44.
The victim told deputies he saw a man kicking his dog - and then the suspect broke into his car, stole a hammer, and used it to break out the window of his home.
The victim says he shot the suspect to protect his family, after the man tried to crawl inside the house. He then held him at gunpoint until deputies arrived.
The suspect has been identified as Zaiven Ridley, 21. He was shot in the leg and is now facing charges.
home invasion, shooting, crimetracker, tulare county, traver, tulare, visalia, local
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 12 min ago
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos