Tulare County man shoots home invasion suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County sheriff's deputies are investigating a bizarre home invasion robbery. They say a man shot a suspect who was trying to break into his home. It happened Friday on Avenue 352 near Road 44.
The victim told deputies he saw a man kicking his dog - and then the suspect broke into his car, stole a hammer, and used it to break out the window of his home.
The victim says he shot the suspect to protect his family, after the man tried to crawl inside the house. He then held him at gunpoint until deputies arrived.
The suspect has been identified as Zaiven Ridley, 21. He was shot in the leg and is now facing charges.
home invasion, shooting, crimetracker, tulare county, traver, tulare, visalia, local
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 6 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
20 min ago