Six-figure settlement reached in Fresno dog mauling
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The family of a 12-year-old boy who was mauled by a neighbor's two dogs, has settled a lawsuit against the neighbors.
The family claimed the boy had jumped a fence to retrieve a ball in the neighbor's yard when the two English Bull Terriers attacked. The boy was severely scarred on his face.
A judge must still approve the settlement, and the amount is confidential, but Action News has learned the settlement is somewhere in the six-figure range.
A few months after the boy was attacked, a maid was hospitalized and claimed the dogs had also attacked her. She's still suing the dog's owners.
animal, lawsuit, court, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 2 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 22 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 31 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin