Le Grand man arrested on child porn charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Department has arrested 32-year-old Earnest Macias for allegedly downloading child pornography.
Authorities from Internet Crimes against Children Task Force, Department of Homeland Security Investigations, and Merced Sheriff's Office Detectives searched the McDowell Street home in Le Grand after a month-long investigation. Authorities took two computers from the home for forensic analysis. They believe there may be as many as 600 images on the computers.
The Merced County Sheriff's office says it may take the case to Federal Court.
Macias was arrested and booked, but was later released on $25,000 bail.
sex crimes, crimetracker, legrand, merced county, planada, chowchilla, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits