Le Grand man arrested on child porn charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Department has arrested 32-year-old Earnest Macias for allegedly downloading child pornography.
Authorities from Internet Crimes against Children Task Force, Department of Homeland Security Investigations, and Merced Sheriff's Office Detectives searched the McDowell Street home in Le Grand after a month-long investigation. Authorities took two computers from the home for forensic analysis. They believe there may be as many as 600 images on the computers.
The Merced County Sheriff's office says it may take the case to Federal Court.
Macias was arrested and booked, but was later released on $25,000 bail.
sex crimes, crimetracker, legrand, merced county, planada, chowchilla, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos