Fresno County bar and restaurant reopening
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A popular foothill bar is reopening.
The Fresno County Board of Supervisors approved restoring the liquor license for the former Sherri's Roadhouse on Tuesday.
The former operator, Sherri Grote, closed the bar and restaurant six months ago over a rent dispute.
Once known as a popular biker hangout, the new operators say everybody will be welcome.
"We hoped to bring back a location that all the patrons loved. We welcome the old people that claimed and we hope to target a new crowd," Lindsey Thompson said.
A spokesman for the Fresno County Sheriff's Department told the board the department had no problems with the bar reopening.
The new bar will be known simply as The Roadhouse. The new owners hope to be up and running within a couple of weeks.
fresno county, fresno county board of supervisors, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos