Fresno County bar and restaurant reopening
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A popular foothill bar is reopening.
The Fresno County Board of Supervisors approved restoring the liquor license for the former Sherri's Roadhouse on Tuesday.
The former operator, Sherri Grote, closed the bar and restaurant six months ago over a rent dispute.
Once known as a popular biker hangout, the new operators say everybody will be welcome.
"We hoped to bring back a location that all the patrons loved. We welcome the old people that claimed and we hope to target a new crowd," Lindsey Thompson said.
A spokesman for the Fresno County Sheriff's Department told the board the department had no problems with the bar reopening.
The new bar will be known simply as The Roadhouse. The new owners hope to be up and running within a couple of weeks.
fresno county, fresno county board of supervisors, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno