Deadly head-on crash on HWY 43 near Laton
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 43 near Laton in Kings County is reopen after a deadly, three car pile up Thursday morning.
The Highway Patrol said two of the three cars hit, head on. At least one person was killed and one other person was injured.
According to the CHP, 19-year-old Andres Escamilla was driving a Mazda Miata north on Highway 43 and attempted to pass another vehicle when it hit a Nissan head on. The Mazda then struck a Honda Civic that was also traveling south.
Escamilla was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Nissan, Susan Pulido, was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with major injuries. The driver of the Honda, Alejandro Tapia, was not injured.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. Highway 43 was closed for an hour but is now open in both directions.
accident, laton, hanford, kingsburg, kings county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 23 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 30 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos