Sarah Roberts laid to rest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds gathered to lay a young mother to rest who was murdered on New Year's Eve.
Sarah Robert's family and friends tried to focus on celebrating her life Friday, while also praying for justice.
Many remembered the 26 year old as a devoted mother of two, who would go the extra mile for those she loved.
Katie Yang was with Sarah at a party when she saw her call her children shortly before her death.
"She was talking to her children New Year's Eve and saying I need mommy time and you know, I'll be home at 12:30 so her 5 year old is like what is 12:30 mom," said Katie Yang. "She said you watch your shows and I'll be home, and this happens."
Fresno police investigators say they are making progress in the case, but still want to talk with more witnesses.
A two thousand dollar reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
kerman, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident