Tulare girl wins contest to help school
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley girl has earned thousands of dollars for her school after winning a contest by a local furniture company.
Annaileen DeSantiago entered an online video contest with Mor Furniture and won first place.
As a prize the Tulare student received $2500 for her school, Mission Valley Elementary in Tulare.
The seven-year-old also scored $1 thousand worth of furniture for herself.
On Friday a special assembly was held at her school to congratulate her.
Her principal says he is letting Annaileen choose how the school spends the money.
As for the free furniture Annaileen received, she picked out a new desk for herself.
tulare, tulare county, south valley, local
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 36 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno