Tulare girl wins contest to help school
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley girl has earned thousands of dollars for her school after winning a contest by a local furniture company.
Annaileen DeSantiago entered an online video contest with Mor Furniture and won first place.
As a prize the Tulare student received $2500 for her school, Mission Valley Elementary in Tulare.
The seven-year-old also scored $1 thousand worth of furniture for herself.
On Friday a special assembly was held at her school to congratulate her.
Her principal says he is letting Annaileen choose how the school spends the money.
As for the free furniture Annaileen received, she picked out a new desk for herself.
tulare, tulare county, south valley, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 8 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 21 min ago