Fresno Co authorities investigating stabbing in Calwa
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives are investigating a murder in the Fresno County community of Calwa.
Sheriff's deputies say a man was stabbed to death near Jensen and Tenth.
The attack happened on the sidewalk near some businesses, just before 7 last night.
When deputies arrived at the scene, the man was lying dead next to the gutter.
Detectives say the victim appears to be in his late 20s.
At this point, they're still trying to determine a motive for the murder.
The crime scene is near a restaurant and a few convenience stores, so detectives have several potential witnesses.
"We're trying to get a better understanding of what happened. Hopefully we'll catch a break and that will lead us to the person responsible for this," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
This is the first homicide in Fresno County this year, but on Friday there was an armed robbery at a convenience store that's just feet away from the murder scene.
In that case, two men got away with a large amount of money.
Detectives say it's too early in their investigation to know whether the two crimes are related.
calwa, fresno county, homicide, crimetracker, local, rick montanez
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 50 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos