Two dead after Merced Co crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A head-on crash in Merced County has left two people dead.
It happened around seven last night on Highway 140 near Owens Creek Road.
That's near the Merced-Mariposa County line.
The CHP says a Mitsubishi truck was speeding on the highway when it crossed the double yellow line on a curve and crashed into an oncoming Chevrolet truck.
Both people in the Mitsubishi were killed.
One person in the Chevrolet has serious leg injuries and was taken to a Modesto hospital. The driver had minor injuries.
It's not clear yet if alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash.
merced county, mariposa county, accident, local
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela