Corcoran man arrested on multiple charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a man faces multiple charges after a mother confronted him for following her teen daughter.
Corcoran Police say a Gabriel Bautista tried to contact a teenage girl on her way home from school on Thursday. According to police, Bautista got out of his vehicle and followed the girl on foot. When the girl started to run, police say Bautista got into his vehicle and began following the girl.
The teenage girl was able to make it to her mother's work and told her mother what happened.
The girl's mother then found the Bautista in the Corcoran Rite Aid and confronted him. According to police, the suspect then tried to get away, but was blocked in by the mother's car. Police say the suspect backed into a light pole, hit the mother's car, and hit another vehicle before getting away.
The victim's mother was able to write down Bautista's license plate number.
Bautista, who is on parole, was arrested on Friday and is being held in the Kings County Jail on $50,000 bail. He faces charges of annoying or molesting a minor, assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism, and three counts of hit and run.
hit and run, crimetracker, corcoran, kings county, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Musical mavericks make waves 26 min ago
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State