Corcoran man arrested on multiple charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say a man faces multiple charges after a mother confronted him for following her teen daughter.
Corcoran Police say a Gabriel Bautista tried to contact a teenage girl on her way home from school on Thursday. According to police, Bautista got out of his vehicle and followed the girl on foot. When the girl started to run, police say Bautista got into his vehicle and began following the girl.
The teenage girl was able to make it to her mother's work and told her mother what happened.
The girl's mother then found the Bautista in the Corcoran Rite Aid and confronted him. According to police, the suspect then tried to get away, but was blocked in by the mother's car. Police say the suspect backed into a light pole, hit the mother's car, and hit another vehicle before getting away.
The victim's mother was able to write down Bautista's license plate number.
Bautista, who is on parole, was arrested on Friday and is being held in the Kings County Jail on $50,000 bail. He faces charges of annoying or molesting a minor, assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism, and three counts of hit and run.
hit and run, crimetracker, corcoran, kings county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members