Police: Teen hits 5 people near Madera South High
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Five people are recovering from their injuries after they were struck while waiting at a bus stop outside a school.
The accident happened Tuesday afternoon in front of Madera South High School near Avenue 13 and Stadium Road.
Police say an 18-year-old driver was pulling out of the parking lot to make a left turn. A city bus blocked his view of oncoming traffic. School officials say the driver stepped on the gas, lost control of his SUV and slammed into a group of people waiting for the bus.
Four of the victims were children including two in strollers. All five victims were taken to nearby hospitals where they were treated and released.
Watch the video for complete coverage from Action News reporter Linda Mumma.
accident, madera, madera county, local, linda mumma
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos