Police: Teen hits 5 people near Madera South High
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Five people are recovering from their injuries after they were struck while waiting at a bus stop outside a school.
The accident happened Tuesday afternoon in front of Madera South High School near Avenue 13 and Stadium Road.
Police say an 18-year-old driver was pulling out of the parking lot to make a left turn. A city bus blocked his view of oncoming traffic. School officials say the driver stepped on the gas, lost control of his SUV and slammed into a group of people waiting for the bus.
Four of the victims were children including two in strollers. All five victims were taken to nearby hospitals where they were treated and released.
Watch the video for complete coverage from Action News reporter Linda Mumma.
accident, madera, madera county, local, linda mumma
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members