HWY 120 closed in Yosemite National Park due to rock slide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A large rock fall on HWY 120 in Yosemite National Park, also known as Big Oak Flat Road, has closed the road indefinitely.
A rock fall forced the closure of HWY 120 in Yosemite National Park late Sunday night. The road is closed between Foresta Junction on Highway 120 and the Highway 120/140 junction. Foresta Road between Foresta and El Portal is also not accessible.
Park officials say the park remains accessible through Highway 140 from Merced and Mariposa -- and Highway 41 from Fresno and Oakhurst.
yosemite national park, mariposa county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about