Domestic violence suspect chased in Merced Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A domestic violence suspect led a Merced County Sheriff's Deputy on a short pursuit -- even crashing into the officer's car as he tried to get away.
That deputy had to use a taser in order to get 28-year-old Jose Saldana into custody just after midnight Sunday morning.
The Merced County Sheriff's office says a deputy first tried to pull over Saldana in the area of Biggler and Amistad in Planada after he was identified as a suspect in a domestic violence incident. A short chase followed, and at one point, Saldana backed his car into the deputy's vehicle before taking off again. The chase ended at Dulcinea and Leon.
Saldana is now facing several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon and evading arrest.
merced, merced county, police chase, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 56 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms 41 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 38 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos