Domestic violence suspect chased in Merced Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A domestic violence suspect led a Merced County Sheriff's Deputy on a short pursuit -- even crashing into the officer's car as he tried to get away.
That deputy had to use a taser in order to get 28-year-old Jose Saldana into custody just after midnight Sunday morning.
The Merced County Sheriff's office says a deputy first tried to pull over Saldana in the area of Biggler and Amistad in Planada after he was identified as a suspect in a domestic violence incident. A short chase followed, and at one point, Saldana backed his car into the deputy's vehicle before taking off again. The chase ended at Dulcinea and Leon.
Saldana is now facing several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon and evading arrest.
merced, merced county, police chase, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather