Domestic violence suspect chased in Merced Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A domestic violence suspect led a Merced County Sheriff's Deputy on a short pursuit -- even crashing into the officer's car as he tried to get away.
That deputy had to use a taser in order to get 28-year-old Jose Saldana into custody just after midnight Sunday morning.
The Merced County Sheriff's office says a deputy first tried to pull over Saldana in the area of Biggler and Amistad in Planada after he was identified as a suspect in a domestic violence incident. A short chase followed, and at one point, Saldana backed his car into the deputy's vehicle before taking off again. The chase ended at Dulcinea and Leon.
Saldana is now facing several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon and evading arrest.
merced, merced county, police chase, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident