Investigators: Man shot in Selma was a wanted Parolee
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has acquired cell phone video showing what happened at a Selma hotel right after police shot and killed a suspect.
A resident of the Villager Inn Motel shot the video after hearing gunshots. Officers can clearly be heard yelling at a woman who was in the room with 32-year-old Clayton Cass.
Fresno County Sheriff's investigators are looking into the officer-involved shooting. They say Cass was a wanted parolee out of Tulare County. That agency asked Selma Police to find Cass.
An employee at the motel said Cass checked into his room around 10:30 Saturday night, and police were knocking on his door just an hour later.
The two officers who opened fire on Cass are on paid leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
officer involved shooting, selma, fresno county, tulare county, local, corin hoggard
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Young woman dies in hit-run crash on Highway 99
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'
- Arraignment postponed in accidental Fresno shooting
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Merced water restrictions a step closer to reality
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Memory palace: coping with chemo brain
- Valley sees progress against air pollution