Investigators: Man shot in Selma was a wanted Parolee
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has acquired cell phone video showing what happened at a Selma hotel right after police shot and killed a suspect.
A resident of the Villager Inn Motel shot the video after hearing gunshots. Officers can clearly be heard yelling at a woman who was in the room with 32-year-old Clayton Cass.
Fresno County Sheriff's investigators are looking into the officer-involved shooting. They say Cass was a wanted parolee out of Tulare County. That agency asked Selma Police to find Cass.
An employee at the motel said Cass checked into his room around 10:30 Saturday night, and police were knocking on his door just an hour later.
The two officers who opened fire on Cass are on paid leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
officer involved shooting, selma, fresno county, tulare county, local, corin hoggard
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno