Meet the top 5 auto theft suspects in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police want you to become familiar with a new group of criminals. Officers hope it makes you think twice before leaving your car idling to warm up in the morning.
Scanning neighborhoods and parking lots, Fresno Police say the top five auto thieves often work with a partner.
Regardless if your car is new or old, investigators say these thieves will steal it and sell it that same day for a few hundred dollars.
Fresno Police Lieutenant Burke Farrah says the number one thief in Fresno is just 21 years old. He was arrested 13 times in 2011. His name is Gabriel Osorio. "If there's a car that's stolen in the area of Kings Canyon and Winery Avenues, we start looking for Gabriel Osorio. His dependence on methamphetamine is very severe."
Larry Burgin is number two on the list; police say he will steal cars, and pretty much anything else he can get his hands on. Detectives say he's a self-admitted meth addict, who often hangs out in the area of Shaw and Blackstone. As of Tuesday afternoon, he was in jail, but he may not be for long.
Police say so far this year 15 cars have been stolen while they were being warmed up. And another 15 have been almost as easy to drive away with, since the keys were in the car.
Investigators say the number three auto thief, doesn't discriminate when it comes to where he will steal a car. Fresno Police say Ralph Jasso takes cars from Clovis, Fresno, and Sanger and has already been arrested once this year.
Although Francisco Delarosa rolls in as number four on the list, Fresno Police say they worry about his potential.
Lieutenant Farrah said, "Recently, he's also been arrested for terrorist threats during his crimes when he has threatened victims and other people that are involved."
Rounding out the fifth spot on the list is Jeremiah Gutierrez. The 26 year old was arrested 10 times in 2011 for auto theft and related crimes.
Fresno Police say the top 5 thieves are not wanted right now, but they want you to know who to look out for, so you can help protect yourself and your neighbors from the crime that's often preventable.
auto theft, crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, clovis, sanger, selma, kingsburg, local, sontaya rose
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 10 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 18 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
11 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos