Merced man allegedly threatens shoppers with knife
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced man is under arrest after he allegedly pulled out a knife and started threatening shoppers at a North Valley market.
Merced County sheriff's deputies say it happened at Adel's Market -- at Highway 59 and Cone Avenue.
Deputies say they were originally called to the store because a man hit a shopping cart with his car -- and then got into a disturbance with the customer who was pushing it. That's when the man pulled out a knife -- and tried to attack others at the store.
Deputies caught up with the suspect at a nearby home, but taking him into custody was no easy task. Officers ended up having to use a taser to get 28-year-old Ciro Martinez in handcuffs. He's now facing charges that include assault with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest, and suspicion of DUI.
crimetracker, merced, merced county, merced county sheriff department, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos