Merced man allegedly threatens shoppers with knife
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced man is under arrest after he allegedly pulled out a knife and started threatening shoppers at a North Valley market.
Merced County sheriff's deputies say it happened at Adel's Market -- at Highway 59 and Cone Avenue.
Deputies say they were originally called to the store because a man hit a shopping cart with his car -- and then got into a disturbance with the customer who was pushing it. That's when the man pulled out a knife -- and tried to attack others at the store.
Deputies caught up with the suspect at a nearby home, but taking him into custody was no easy task. Officers ended up having to use a taser to get 28-year-old Ciro Martinez in handcuffs. He's now facing charges that include assault with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest, and suspicion of DUI.
crimetracker, merced, merced county, merced county sheriff department, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach