Neng Yang pleads not guilty to child porn charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Clovis Unified teacher accused of molesting a student in his second grade class says he is not guilty of the charges against him.
Neng Yang was arraigned Wednesday morning. In addition to his not guilty plea, Yang was appointed a public defender.
Yang pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning to 45 counts of molestation on a child in his second grade class. He's also facing federal charges of sexual exploitation of a child.
The state is also taking steps to take away his teaching credential. The Commission on Teacher Credentialing said it will automatically suspend Yang's credential when it receives the criminal complaints against him.
Meanwhile, Yang has been placed on unpaid leave by the Clovis Unified School District. They've also pushed along the process for his dismissal and the revocation of his teaching credential.
So far, police say they only know of one possible victim, even though Yang has worked as a teacher for 18 years.
sex crimes, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos