Neng Yang pleads not guilty to child porn charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Clovis Unified teacher accused of molesting a student in his second grade class says he is not guilty of the charges against him.
Neng Yang was arraigned Wednesday morning. In addition to his not guilty plea, Yang was appointed a public defender.
Yang pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning to 45 counts of molestation on a child in his second grade class. He's also facing federal charges of sexual exploitation of a child.
The state is also taking steps to take away his teaching credential. The Commission on Teacher Credentialing said it will automatically suspend Yang's credential when it receives the criminal complaints against him.
Meanwhile, Yang has been placed on unpaid leave by the Clovis Unified School District. They've also pushed along the process for his dismissal and the revocation of his teaching credential.
So far, police say they only know of one possible victim, even though Yang has worked as a teacher for 18 years.
sex crimes, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 36 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Accuweather Forecast
4 min ago