Fresno Police say SUVs stolen from dealer lot found
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say four SUVs stolen from the Lithia Nissan lot in Fresno last week have all been recovered.
After receiving a tip, members of the Fresno Police Department's Career Criminal Auto Theft Team found one of the cars in Downtown Fresno Wednesday night.
The team arrested a man and a woman.
Officers say they believe the suspects were involved with all four thefts.
"In their possession, they had keys for three of the four cars taken from Lithia Nissan, they also had meth, and interestingly enough, they had a clipping from the Fresno Bee dated as a trophy from the original theft, so we know they're big time car thieves," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
One of the vehicles had some extensive damage in the back, including a burn mark.
Detectives believe the cars were used to commit other crimes in and around the City of Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, crimetracker, local
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 10 min ago
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails