Fresno Police say SUVs stolen from dealer lot found
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say four SUVs stolen from the Lithia Nissan lot in Fresno last week have all been recovered.
After receiving a tip, members of the Fresno Police Department's Career Criminal Auto Theft Team found one of the cars in Downtown Fresno Wednesday night.
The team arrested a man and a woman.
Officers say they believe the suspects were involved with all four thefts.
"In their possession, they had keys for three of the four cars taken from Lithia Nissan, they also had meth, and interestingly enough, they had a clipping from the Fresno Bee dated as a trophy from the original theft, so we know they're big time car thieves," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
One of the vehicles had some extensive damage in the back, including a burn mark.
Detectives believe the cars were used to commit other crimes in and around the City of Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, crimetracker, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos