Fresno Police say SUVs stolen from dealer lot found
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say four SUVs stolen from the Lithia Nissan lot in Fresno last week have all been recovered.
After receiving a tip, members of the Fresno Police Department's Career Criminal Auto Theft Team found one of the cars in Downtown Fresno Wednesday night.
The team arrested a man and a woman.
Officers say they believe the suspects were involved with all four thefts.
"In their possession, they had keys for three of the four cars taken from Lithia Nissan, they also had meth, and interestingly enough, they had a clipping from the Fresno Bee dated as a trophy from the original theft, so we know they're big time car thieves," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
One of the vehicles had some extensive damage in the back, including a burn mark.
Detectives believe the cars were used to commit other crimes in and around the City of Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, crimetracker, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
47 min ago