Step Up Earlimart Gang Awareness Event
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Leaders in the South Valley town of Earlimart are hosting an anti-gang summit.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department says there are four known gangs in the small town with a population of more than 15-thousand people.
The free resource fair is designed for community members who are concerned about gang violence, drug activity, and keeping youth involved in positive activities. Participants will be able to sign up and volunteer with various organizations.
Earlimart Middle School
785 E. Center Avenue
Thursday, February 02, 2012
4:40pm to 7:15pm
The Step Up Earlimart Gang Awareness Event will begin at 4:40 At Earlimart Middle School.
Organizers say these events are not held because of increased gang violence, but to promote a better quality of life for it's residents.
Four more summits will be held throughout Tulare County through May.
earlimart, tulare county, gang, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather