Step Up Earlimart Gang Awareness Event
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Leaders in the South Valley town of Earlimart are hosting an anti-gang summit.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department says there are four known gangs in the small town with a population of more than 15-thousand people.
The free resource fair is designed for community members who are concerned about gang violence, drug activity, and keeping youth involved in positive activities. Participants will be able to sign up and volunteer with various organizations.
Earlimart Middle School
785 E. Center Avenue
Thursday, February 02, 2012
4:40pm to 7:15pm
The Step Up Earlimart Gang Awareness Event will begin at 4:40 At Earlimart Middle School.
Organizers say these events are not held because of increased gang violence, but to promote a better quality of life for it's residents.
Four more summits will be held throughout Tulare County through May.
earlimart, tulare county, gang, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno 23 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster