Bank of the West robbery suspect arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have made an arrest in a robbery that happened at a Clovis bank.
Michael Zavala, 38, is in custody for the hold-up at the Bank of the West branch near Shaw and Minnewawa Avenue. Investigators say Zavala is the man seen in the surveillance photo taken inside the bank during the robbery.
A bank employee told officers -- a man showed a note demanding money. That worker gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash and he left.
Investigators say they received a tip after the surveillance photo was broadcast. That tip led them to an apartment complex -- where they say -- a man was seen throwing away a bag of clothing that matched the description of what the robber was wearing.
Shortly after, they say Zavala returned to his apartment, where he was arrested.
robbery, crimetracker, clovis, clovis police department, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 57 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88