Bank of the West robbery suspect arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have made an arrest in a robbery that happened at a Clovis bank.
Michael Zavala, 38, is in custody for the hold-up at the Bank of the West branch near Shaw and Minnewawa Avenue. Investigators say Zavala is the man seen in the surveillance photo taken inside the bank during the robbery.
A bank employee told officers -- a man showed a note demanding money. That worker gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash and he left.
Investigators say they received a tip after the surveillance photo was broadcast. That tip led them to an apartment complex -- where they say -- a man was seen throwing away a bag of clothing that matched the description of what the robber was wearing.
Shortly after, they say Zavala returned to his apartment, where he was arrested.
robbery, crimetracker, clovis, clovis police department, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 16 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos