Bank of the West robbery suspect arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have made an arrest in a robbery that happened at a Clovis bank.
Michael Zavala, 38, is in custody for the hold-up at the Bank of the West branch near Shaw and Minnewawa Avenue. Investigators say Zavala is the man seen in the surveillance photo taken inside the bank during the robbery.
A bank employee told officers -- a man showed a note demanding money. That worker gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash and he left.
Investigators say they received a tip after the surveillance photo was broadcast. That tip led them to an apartment complex -- where they say -- a man was seen throwing away a bag of clothing that matched the description of what the robber was wearing.
Shortly after, they say Zavala returned to his apartment, where he was arrested.
robbery, crimetracker, clovis, clovis police department, fresno county, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 21 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 51 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos