Passenger numbers increasing at Fresno's airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers show a surge in air travel out of Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
Airport officials say more than 1.2 million passengers traveled through Fresno in 2011.
That's a six-percent jump from 2010.
Officials say it was stimulated by reestablishing daily non-stop service to Guadalajara, Mexico.
It's the third highest traffic year in FYI's reported history.
Passenger traffic peaked in 2007 with more than 1.3 million passengers traveling through Fresno.
Plus the airport is forecasting air travel to continue on record-breaking pace this year.
FYI is vital to the Valley economy, generating about 2100 jobs.
fresno, fresno county, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 50 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms 35 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 32 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos