Passenger numbers increasing at Fresno's airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers show a surge in air travel out of Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
Airport officials say more than 1.2 million passengers traveled through Fresno in 2011.
That's a six-percent jump from 2010.
Officials say it was stimulated by reestablishing daily non-stop service to Guadalajara, Mexico.
It's the third highest traffic year in FYI's reported history.
Passenger traffic peaked in 2007 with more than 1.3 million passengers traveling through Fresno.
Plus the airport is forecasting air travel to continue on record-breaking pace this year.
FYI is vital to the Valley economy, generating about 2100 jobs.
fresno, fresno county, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 48 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos