Fresno Co plane crash pilot identified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned the pilot who stole the plane that crashed in Fresno County has been identified as 52-year-old Ray Pirro of Tracy.
The owner says his plane was stolen from Buchanan Airfield in Concord sometime on Thursday.
Pirro crashed the plane Sunday afternoon in Fresno County about 200-yards from homes.
The FAA is investigating the crash.
fresno county, local
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Fire off Copper and Sunnyside north of Clovis
- Carstens Fire near Midpines burns 1,600 acres 1 min ago
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
- Rolling Fire burning in Madera County
- Federal agents search land linked to Hoffa case
- abcnews: Brokenhearted Hitman Testifies Against...
- OTRC: Daytime Emmys 2013 winners: Full list
- Grass fire closes Highway 99 in Fresno
- Cantaloupe producers start new safety program
- Apricot growers in California are expecting a big year
- Emergency crash landing at Fresno-Yosemite airport
- Zoo employees hold yard sale for conservation projects
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos