Man dies after stabbing in Pinedale
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police work to solve the city's latest murder. The killing happened late Monday night in Pinedale near Birch and San Pablo.
The victim was at a family member's home just a few houses away from where he was stabbed to death. Family members say Kapur Sandhu, 43, was walking home when he was fatally injured.
Investigators say they are narrowing down who may be responsible for killing Kapur Sandhu Monday night.
His wife of 13 years didn't want to show her face on camera. She woke up Tuesday morning to the devastating news of Sandhu's death.
"I don't know what happened down there, I don't know why," said Elvina Sandhu. "But he didn't have no problems down that way."
Fresno Police spent nine hours processing the scene and interviewing neighbors. Several told Action News they did not hear anything unusual. Police say a man who lives in front of the home where Sandhu collapsed called 9-1-1 for help. But by that time, the suspect or suspects were gone.
"Detectives do have strong leads right now," said Fresno Police Lieutenant, Mark Salazar. "This is not a random act and we do know that gang members are involved."
Investigators did not recover any weapon and police say video policing cameras in the area didn't capture any video that would be useful to the case.
Sandhu's wife says 10 minutes after he left her father's home down the street, he was gone.
"I got a lot of good memories with him," said Elvina Sandhu. "We got grandchildren. He has two daughters. The majority of the memories are all good."
Investigators say Sandhu has had some problems with a few people in the last few months, so they are also checking to see if that led to his death. So far, no arrests have been made.
murder, stabbing, crimetracker, pinedale, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers 45 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies