First 5 Tulare County Commission prepares for cuts
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four family resource centers are going to receive cuts from First 5 Tulare County.
This year, the First 5 Tulare County Commission is preparing for major cutbacks in state funding.
In turn, those cuts will be trickling down to First 5's four family resource centers in Tulare County.
The cuts range from a $40 thousand reduction to more than $300 thousand in lost money.
Woodlake is seeing the deepest cuts with a 62-percent reduction.
Phil Cox, First 5 Tulare County Commission Chair said, "A lot of cases these are children with special needs that might have mental or physical handicaps so it's difficult to cut funding anytime but we can really only provide funding we receive."
Just last May, state cuts to First 5 programs caused a huge loss in funding for many of First 5's school readiness programs in Tulare County.
This next year, they may see even more cuts, if not a total loss in funding.
tulare county, woodlake, tulare, visalia, goshen, lemon cove, porterville, local, jessica peres
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 40 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 49 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members