First 5 Tulare County Commission prepares for cuts
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four family resource centers are going to receive cuts from First 5 Tulare County.
This year, the First 5 Tulare County Commission is preparing for major cutbacks in state funding.
In turn, those cuts will be trickling down to First 5's four family resource centers in Tulare County.
The cuts range from a $40 thousand reduction to more than $300 thousand in lost money.
Woodlake is seeing the deepest cuts with a 62-percent reduction.
Phil Cox, First 5 Tulare County Commission Chair said, "A lot of cases these are children with special needs that might have mental or physical handicaps so it's difficult to cut funding anytime but we can really only provide funding we receive."
Just last May, state cuts to First 5 programs caused a huge loss in funding for many of First 5's school readiness programs in Tulare County.
This next year, they may see even more cuts, if not a total loss in funding.
tulare county, woodlake, tulare, visalia, goshen, lemon cove, porterville, local, jessica peres
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 9 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 55 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
8 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
9 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
16 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos