First 5 Tulare County Commission prepares for cuts
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four family resource centers are going to receive cuts from First 5 Tulare County.
This year, the First 5 Tulare County Commission is preparing for major cutbacks in state funding.
In turn, those cuts will be trickling down to First 5's four family resource centers in Tulare County.
The cuts range from a $40 thousand reduction to more than $300 thousand in lost money.
Woodlake is seeing the deepest cuts with a 62-percent reduction.
Phil Cox, First 5 Tulare County Commission Chair said, "A lot of cases these are children with special needs that might have mental or physical handicaps so it's difficult to cut funding anytime but we can really only provide funding we receive."
Just last May, state cuts to First 5 programs caused a huge loss in funding for many of First 5's school readiness programs in Tulare County.
This next year, they may see even more cuts, if not a total loss in funding.
tulare county, woodlake, tulare, visalia, goshen, lemon cove, porterville, local, jessica peres
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 49 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos