Transportation Secretary talks High Speed Rail in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The country's leading transportation official is in the Valley on Wednesday to discuss high speed rail.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood has joined fResno Mayor Ashley Swearengin and local business leaders for a discussion about investing in high-speed rail.
President Obama called for investments in transportation as part of rebuilding America in his State of the Union address two weeks ago.
Lahood was part of a meeting at Fresno's Downtown Club late Wednesday morning.
high speed rail, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos