Transportation Secretary talks High Speed Rail in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The country's leading transportation official is in the Valley on Wednesday to discuss high speed rail.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood has joined fResno Mayor Ashley Swearengin and local business leaders for a discussion about investing in high-speed rail.
President Obama called for investments in transportation as part of rebuilding America in his State of the Union address two weeks ago.
Lahood was part of a meeting at Fresno's Downtown Club late Wednesday morning.
high speed rail, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno 34 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system 24 min ago
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos