Man shot by Fresno Police identified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man killed in Fresno's latest officer involved shooting was identified as 29-year-old Albert Sanchez. He was killed Wednesday on Abby near Belmont in Central Fresno.
Police say they were dispatched to the area after receiving a call about a suspicious man, running in the street. When the first officer arrived, the suspect was seen holding a knife, and pounding on a vehicle with an innocent bystander inside. The second officer to arrive on scene opened fire after the suspect lunged at him.
That officer is on administrative leave. There is no word on what may have led to Sanchez's strange behavior.
officer involved shooting, fresno west central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos