Man shot by Fresno Police identified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man killed in Fresno's latest officer involved shooting was identified as 29-year-old Albert Sanchez. He was killed Wednesday on Abby near Belmont in Central Fresno.
Police say they were dispatched to the area after receiving a call about a suspicious man, running in the street. When the first officer arrived, the suspect was seen holding a knife, and pounding on a vehicle with an innocent bystander inside. The second officer to arrive on scene opened fire after the suspect lunged at him.
That officer is on administrative leave. There is no word on what may have led to Sanchez's strange behavior.
officer involved shooting, fresno west central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 4 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 53 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos