Fresno police say officer injured in confrontation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno police officer is in the hospital after police say the officer was attacked by a man he was trying to arrest.
Two police officers stopped a drunk driver suspect at Palm and Shields in Central Fresno.
Police say the driver got out of his car and attacked the officers.
Police say one officer hit his head on something after the suspect pushed him, and now he doesn't remember what happened.
He was taken to the hospital.
Police say the suspect appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Police arrested the man, and he is facing charges of drunk driving and assault on a peace officer.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fresno police department, crimetracker, dui, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos