Blown tire blamed in deadly Riverdale crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A deadly crash in Riverdale is now being blamed on a blowout.
The crash happened just after 5 p.m. Friday night on Marks south of Wood.
The California Highway Patrol said 22-year-old Alejandro Luna of Riverdale was driving south on Marks when the tread on one of his tires separated then popped. Luna and his passenger were both ejected from the vehicle.
The female passenger was flown to a Fresno hospital and is expected to survive. Luna died at the scene.
accident, riverdale, fresno county, local
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos