Fourth annual Cupcakes for Cancer fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A yoga community is coming together to show support for a member of their studio who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
This Sunday, Blue Moon Yoga is holding a fundraiser called "Cupcakes for Cancer!" Kristie Bradley is currently undergoing treatment for colon cancer, which she says she discovered while in class.
Cupcakes for cancer is an annual event which is now in it's fourth year and benefits local families struggling with the disease.
"Our goal is to spread the word, to support each other and just to raise as much money as we can. Cancer is very expensive," said owner of Blue Moon Yoga Amy Pittelkau.
The event is being held on Sunday, just outside the studio at Champlain and Perrin. Sales run between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
charity, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos