Fourth annual Cupcakes for Cancer fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A yoga community is coming together to show support for a member of their studio who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
This Sunday, Blue Moon Yoga is holding a fundraiser called "Cupcakes for Cancer!" Kristie Bradley is currently undergoing treatment for colon cancer, which she says she discovered while in class.
Cupcakes for cancer is an annual event which is now in it's fourth year and benefits local families struggling with the disease.
"Our goal is to spread the word, to support each other and just to raise as much money as we can. Cancer is very expensive," said owner of Blue Moon Yoga Amy Pittelkau.
The event is being held on Sunday, just outside the studio at Champlain and Perrin. Sales run between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
charity, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 3 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees