Snow forces closure of Highway 41 near Oakhurst
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Wednesday morning's snow storm blanketed lower elevations in the North Valley. The weather caused some major problems on local highways -- including Highway 41. The highway shut down for several hours just south of Oakhurst.
The highway patrol set up checkpoints making sure people put on chains if they didn't have four-wheel drive. That proved to be more than a challenge for some people - like Paul Ofer who is visiting Yosemite from Southern California.
"I came from Michigan," said Paul Ofer. "I was there for 30 years and never put a set of chains on in my life. And we had some horrific winters, that's why I moved to California."
Paul eventually hired a professional to help put on the chains.
The CHP ended up moving the checkpoints to higher elevations throughout the day.
oakhurst, coarsegold, madera county, local, tommy tran
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos