Fresno Police update top 5 auto thieves list
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One of Fresno's top auto thieves is heading to prison. Now, police want to introduce you to another suspect taking his place in the city's top five.
Larry Burgin was previously considered number two on the list, but police say he was recently sentenced to three years in prison.
As a result, Michael Kent, has been named into the new top five. Police say they've arrested him six times since December, and most recently, Wednesday night. He was already out of jail on Thursday morning and police are now asking you to be on the lookout in case he tries to strike again.
"We may arrest them and they may get out after five or six hours but those cases will stack up and sooner or later, they got to make it into court. The sentencing of Larry Burgin is a great example of that. Again, his criminal activities finally caught up with him and he's going away for three years," said Lt. Burke Farrah with the Fresno Police Department.
In addition to Kent, police say the other suspects on the top five list of auto thieves include Gabriel Osorio, Ralph Jasso, Francisco Delarosa, and Jeremiah Gutierrez.
auto theft, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno 17 min ago
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Fire Safety