Fresno man will spend 40 years to life in prison
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man will spend 40 years to life in prison for murdering a Clovis man.
Chris Washington was arrested last March in Bakersfield for shooting and killing Kay Daniels the third.
Thursday, he put his head down as a jury found him guilty of second degree murder. Police say the shooting was the result of an argument at an apartment. Prosecutors say getting people to testify was a challenge, but eventually -- Clovis Police tracked down witnesses and made sure they came to court.
"There was a lot of evidence for this jury to consider and conflicting testimony but ultimately, I think the jury made the right decision," said Deputy District Attorney, Mike Frye. "I'm very pleased with this verdict."
Washington's attorney says his client was shocked to hear the verdict. He says he didn't believe there was enough direct evidence to convict him. Washington will be sentenced next month.
crimetracker, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- 31-year-old Fresno man reported missing near Huron
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 now open
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers