Merced authorities find four copper theft suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A month-long copper theft investigation in Merced has led authorities to four suspects.
Jeremy Bailey, 28, Frederick Routt, 39, and Christopher Bauman, 36, were all arrested and charged with commercial burglary.
Meanwhile, 36-year-old John Martinez will be charged at a later date. He's currently in custody in Madera for theft of copper wire.
Investigators say the suspects burglarized several Merced businesses, stealing copper for resale. The damage to those buildings is more than $250-thousand.
merced, merced county, copper wire theft, crimetracker, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 14 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers