Merced authorities find four copper theft suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A month-long copper theft investigation in Merced has led authorities to four suspects.
Jeremy Bailey, 28, Frederick Routt, 39, and Christopher Bauman, 36, were all arrested and charged with commercial burglary.
Meanwhile, 36-year-old John Martinez will be charged at a later date. He's currently in custody in Madera for theft of copper wire.
Investigators say the suspects burglarized several Merced businesses, stealing copper for resale. The damage to those buildings is more than $250-thousand.
merced, merced county, copper wire theft, crimetracker, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident