Merced authorities find four copper theft suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A month-long copper theft investigation in Merced has led authorities to four suspects.
Jeremy Bailey, 28, Frederick Routt, 39, and Christopher Bauman, 36, were all arrested and charged with commercial burglary.
Meanwhile, 36-year-old John Martinez will be charged at a later date. He's currently in custody in Madera for theft of copper wire.
Investigators say the suspects burglarized several Merced businesses, stealing copper for resale. The damage to those buildings is more than $250-thousand.
merced, merced county, copper wire theft, crimetracker, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam 16 min ago
- California prostitutes win victim compensation 16 min ago
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic 16 min ago
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill 16 min ago
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2