Lost Lake Park to reopen Sunday
LOST LAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A popular Valley recreation area will reopen Sunday following a two and a half month closure.
Fresno County officials have spent about $250 thousand to restore Lost Lake Park.
A windstorm toppled more than a hundred trees there back in December.
Saturday, more than two dozen volunteers showed up to clear out debris and trash around the park.
You can still see roots from many of the trees that fell over during the windstorm.
Those trees have been cut up and placed in piles - and volunteers will soon remove them.
Volunteers say it's a lot of work, but they are excited to help out.
"I just love this park, I've lived here in Fresno since I was 8. I've come to this park ever since I moved here. I love the grinding stones and the nature trail... it's a beautiful place."
"Making it cleaner, so other people can enjoy it," said Timothy Lucey. "So it will be more enjoyable for everybody, not just me."
Lost Lake Park will open to the public Sunday morning at 8 o'clock.
The campgrounds will remain closed due to repairs and staffing issues.
lost lake, fresno county, fresno, local, rick montanez
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley 31 min ago
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 37 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Wood burning contributing to bad air quality
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos