Lost Lake Park to reopen Sunday
LOST LAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A popular Valley recreation area will reopen Sunday following a two and a half month closure.
Fresno County officials have spent about $250 thousand to restore Lost Lake Park.
A windstorm toppled more than a hundred trees there back in December.
Saturday, more than two dozen volunteers showed up to clear out debris and trash around the park.
You can still see roots from many of the trees that fell over during the windstorm.
Those trees have been cut up and placed in piles - and volunteers will soon remove them.
Volunteers say it's a lot of work, but they are excited to help out.
"I just love this park, I've lived here in Fresno since I was 8. I've come to this park ever since I moved here. I love the grinding stones and the nature trail... it's a beautiful place."
"Making it cleaner, so other people can enjoy it," said Timothy Lucey. "So it will be more enjoyable for everybody, not just me."
Lost Lake Park will open to the public Sunday morning at 8 o'clock.
The campgrounds will remain closed due to repairs and staffing issues.
lost lake, fresno county, fresno, local, rick montanez
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 5 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'