Authorities investigating body found in Fresno Co canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found in a canal Sunday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say someone found the body south of Sanger near Greenwood and Central.
Investigators went back to the scene Monday morning, hoping daylight would help unearth clues.
The area where the body was found is wide open, and the body is badly decomposed so detectives started out with little to go on.
"It only takes a small break and that gives us something that we can follow up and build upon. That just takes time and we have to be meticulous," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet determined a cause of death and they're not sure if there was any foul play.
They're hoping to identify the man once the coroner performs an autopsy later today.
fresno county, sanger, local, tommy tran
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique