Authorities investigating body found in Fresno Co canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found in a canal Sunday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say someone found the body south of Sanger near Greenwood and Central.
Investigators went back to the scene Monday morning, hoping daylight would help unearth clues.
The area where the body was found is wide open, and the body is badly decomposed so detectives started out with little to go on.
"It only takes a small break and that gives us something that we can follow up and build upon. That just takes time and we have to be meticulous," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet determined a cause of death and they're not sure if there was any foul play.
They're hoping to identify the man once the coroner performs an autopsy later today.
fresno county, sanger, local, tommy tran
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts 40 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor 22 min ago
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 49 min ago
- Fresno shopping cart crackdown to cut crime?
40 min ago