Authorities investigating body found in Fresno Co canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found in a canal Sunday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say someone found the body south of Sanger near Greenwood and Central.
Investigators went back to the scene Monday morning, hoping daylight would help unearth clues.
The area where the body was found is wide open, and the body is badly decomposed so detectives started out with little to go on.
"It only takes a small break and that gives us something that we can follow up and build upon. That just takes time and we have to be meticulous," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet determined a cause of death and they're not sure if there was any foul play.
They're hoping to identify the man once the coroner performs an autopsy later today.
fresno county, sanger, local, tommy tran
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 56 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos