Authorities investigating body found in Fresno Co canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found in a canal Sunday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say someone found the body south of Sanger near Greenwood and Central.
Investigators went back to the scene Monday morning, hoping daylight would help unearth clues.
The area where the body was found is wide open, and the body is badly decomposed so detectives started out with little to go on.
"It only takes a small break and that gives us something that we can follow up and build upon. That just takes time and we have to be meticulous," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet determined a cause of death and they're not sure if there was any foul play.
They're hoping to identify the man once the coroner performs an autopsy later today.
fresno county, sanger, local, tommy tran
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe