Authorities investigating body found in Fresno Co canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found in a canal Sunday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say someone found the body south of Sanger near Greenwood and Central.
Investigators went back to the scene Monday morning, hoping daylight would help unearth clues.
The area where the body was found is wide open, and the body is badly decomposed so detectives started out with little to go on.
"It only takes a small break and that gives us something that we can follow up and build upon. That just takes time and we have to be meticulous," Sgt. Leo Lopez of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said.
The Sheriff's Office has not yet determined a cause of death and they're not sure if there was any foul play.
They're hoping to identify the man once the coroner performs an autopsy later today.
fresno county, sanger, local, tommy tran
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about