Car crashes into house after shootout in Madera
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A shootout between suspects in Madera ended with one man shot, and a car crashed into a house.
Police say they first responded to a call of people shooting at each other in the area of Olive and Santa Cruz. As police responded, a car sped away from the scene, eventually crashing into a home at Fourth and K Street.
The car suffered major damage in the crash, and firefighters also responded, after the vehicle caught fire.
Police say the driver had what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head. A handgun was also recovered in the vehicle.
The driver was taken to the hospital, but the extent of his injuries are unknown.
Police say at least three people were taken into custody in the area of Olive and Santa Cruz. They believe the shooting was gang related.
crimetracker, shooting, accident, madera, madera county, local, amanda perez
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about