Neighbors in Merced say a dispute over wages led to murder
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A strange set of circumstances led police to a murder scene after they already booked the suspect in jail for drunk driving.
Merced police discovered the victim inside the bedroom at an assisted living home on Main Street.
Neighbors say the victim owns the business and has been involved in a dispute over wages with a former employee.
Monday night a 9-1-1 call came into police about the crime before they were able to track down the murder scene.
Police caught up with the suspect Evan James Lovett after he crashed the victim's car and then hid in nearby bushes.
Investigators are not releasing a motive.
Police do not believe any assisted living residents witnessed the crime.
The name of the victim has not been released.
crimetracker, murder, dui, merced, merced county, local, sontaya rose
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps 30 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released