Neighbors in Merced say a dispute over wages led to murder
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A strange set of circumstances led police to a murder scene after they already booked the suspect in jail for drunk driving.
Merced police discovered the victim inside the bedroom at an assisted living home on Main Street.
Neighbors say the victim owns the business and has been involved in a dispute over wages with a former employee.
Monday night a 9-1-1 call came into police about the crime before they were able to track down the murder scene.
Police caught up with the suspect Evan James Lovett after he crashed the victim's car and then hid in nearby bushes.
Investigators are not releasing a motive.
Police do not believe any assisted living residents witnessed the crime.
The name of the victim has not been released.
crimetracker, murder, dui, merced, merced county, local, sontaya rose
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos