Head-on crash kills three people near Mendota
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are dead following a crash on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
The California Highway Patrol said a small car was driving eastbound on Highway 180 when it veered into the path of a semi-truck just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. The two people in the car, a man and a woman, were killed. The semi-truck burst into flames, and the female driver died at the scene. Terry Ince lives along Highway 180 and woke up after hearing what sounded like an explosion. "The flames were from in front of my house all the way to the entrance of Spreckles, three feet tall. It was unbelievable. It looked like a war zone," said Ince.
The passenger was ejected and was taken to a Fresno hospital. His condition is unknown. Officers have not revealed the identities of the victims. The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but alcohol could be a factor. "It's a possibility. Our responding officers went out to the scene and found numerous bottles in and around the vehicle, the Ford Escort," said CHP spokesperson Sean Duncan.
mendota, kerman, fresno county, accident, local, amanda perez
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 56 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses