Head-on crash kills three people near Mendota
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are dead following a crash on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
The California Highway Patrol said a small car was driving eastbound on Highway 180 when it veered into the path of a semi-truck just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. The two people in the car, a man and a woman, were killed. The semi-truck burst into flames, and the female driver died at the scene. Terry Ince lives along Highway 180 and woke up after hearing what sounded like an explosion. "The flames were from in front of my house all the way to the entrance of Spreckles, three feet tall. It was unbelievable. It looked like a war zone," said Ince.
The passenger was ejected and was taken to a Fresno hospital. His condition is unknown. Officers have not revealed the identities of the victims. The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but alcohol could be a factor. "It's a possibility. Our responding officers went out to the scene and found numerous bottles in and around the vehicle, the Ford Escort," said CHP spokesperson Sean Duncan.
mendota, kerman, fresno county, accident, local, amanda perez
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 19 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos