Alpaugh opens a new fire station
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A different kind of construction project could someday save a life in the South Valley town of Alpaugh.
The Tulare County Fire Department opened it's newest fire station Wednesday.
The new Apparatus Bay Building will house the department's fire engines.
The new building replaces a structure which had been in service since 1956.
Today's more modern fire engines didn't fit in the old building.
The new station also includes a modular home, which was also dedicated Wednesday.
alpaugh, tulare county, tulare, visalia, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos