Alpaugh opens a new fire station
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A different kind of construction project could someday save a life in the South Valley town of Alpaugh.
The Tulare County Fire Department opened it's newest fire station Wednesday.
The new Apparatus Bay Building will house the department's fire engines.
The new building replaces a structure which had been in service since 1956.
Today's more modern fire engines didn't fit in the old building.
The new station also includes a modular home, which was also dedicated Wednesday.
alpaugh, tulare county, tulare, visalia, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 52 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 20 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies