Alpaugh opens a new fire station
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A different kind of construction project could someday save a life in the South Valley town of Alpaugh.
The Tulare County Fire Department opened it's newest fire station Wednesday.
The new Apparatus Bay Building will house the department's fire engines.
The new building replaces a structure which had been in service since 1956.
Today's more modern fire engines didn't fit in the old building.
The new station also includes a modular home, which was also dedicated Wednesday.
alpaugh, tulare county, tulare, visalia, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos