Alpaugh opens a new fire station
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A different kind of construction project could someday save a life in the South Valley town of Alpaugh.
The Tulare County Fire Department opened it's newest fire station Wednesday.
The new Apparatus Bay Building will house the department's fire engines.
The new building replaces a structure which had been in service since 1956.
Today's more modern fire engines didn't fit in the old building.
The new station also includes a modular home, which was also dedicated Wednesday.
alpaugh, tulare county, tulare, visalia, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos