Long-awaited return to Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of sailors returned home to the South Valley after being deployed for seven months.
Many stood by eagerly holding signs and waving American flags as they waited for the men and women to get off the plane and into their arms. The sailors were on board the U.S.S. John Stennis playing a key role in the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.
Sheryll Rallos said, "Miss that he's not around to like do the boy things with my boys and play sports with them."
Now that they're home the sailors say they're looking forward to relaxing with their families and some said they're even going to take a family trip to Disneyland.
lemoore naval air station, lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Accuweather Forecast
56 min ago