Long-awaited return to Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of sailors returned home to the South Valley after being deployed for seven months.
Many stood by eagerly holding signs and waving American flags as they waited for the men and women to get off the plane and into their arms. The sailors were on board the U.S.S. John Stennis playing a key role in the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.
Sheryll Rallos said, "Miss that he's not around to like do the boy things with my boys and play sports with them."
Now that they're home the sailors say they're looking forward to relaxing with their families and some said they're even going to take a family trip to Disneyland.
lemoore naval air station, lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 29 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 8 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos