Long-awaited return to Lemoore Naval Air Station
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of sailors returned home to the South Valley after being deployed for seven months.
Many stood by eagerly holding signs and waving American flags as they waited for the men and women to get off the plane and into their arms. The sailors were on board the U.S.S. John Stennis playing a key role in the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.
Sheryll Rallos said, "Miss that he's not around to like do the boy things with my boys and play sports with them."
Now that they're home the sailors say they're looking forward to relaxing with their families and some said they're even going to take a family trip to Disneyland.
lemoore naval air station, lemoore, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow 28 min ago
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95