Chukchansi confrontation turns violent
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teenager is recovering from stab wounds, and two others were hurt, after a dispute between rival members of the Chukchansi tribe triggered a riot on the property.
The violence broke out at the offices adjacent to the casino and hotel, south of Coarsegold in Madera County.
It comes on the heels of a dispute between tribe members that erupted on Monday when supporters of newly-elected tribal members staged a takeover at the tribe's government center.
On Monday night, deputies from the Madera County Sheriff's Department stayed across the street in an effort to keep the peace while the two groups of tribal members set up camp in neighboring office buildings.
One of the main issues in the conflict is disenrollment of tribal members, which has been a source of controvery for months.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for the latest on this breaking news.
coarsegold, stabbing, crimetracker, chukchansi gold resort & casino, madera county, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years