Chukchansi tribal office destroyed
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff has asked for congressional attention, and assistance in resolving the heated election dispute at the Chukchansi tribal office.
Action News cameras were rolling as some tribal members got a firsthand look inside their now destroyed government office.
Forty people barricaded themselves inside, and a riot eventually took place, landing two people in the hospital. One of them with a stab wound.
Tribal leaders say they're putting politics aside, trying to get back to business as usual.
The Tribal Council Vice-Chair, Nancy Ayala said, "We have to pick up the pieces, we have to get the information we need to conduct business to conduct our programs to provide services to our members, our elders, our children."
Both sides have also asked for guidance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
coarsegold, stabbing, crimetracker, chukchansi gold resort & casino, madera county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 57 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase