Chukchansi tribal office destroyed
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff has asked for congressional attention, and assistance in resolving the heated election dispute at the Chukchansi tribal office.
Action News cameras were rolling as some tribal members got a firsthand look inside their now destroyed government office.
Forty people barricaded themselves inside, and a riot eventually took place, landing two people in the hospital. One of them with a stab wound.
Tribal leaders say they're putting politics aside, trying to get back to business as usual.
The Tribal Council Vice-Chair, Nancy Ayala said, "We have to pick up the pieces, we have to get the information we need to conduct business to conduct our programs to provide services to our members, our elders, our children."
Both sides have also asked for guidance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
coarsegold, stabbing, crimetracker, chukchansi gold resort & casino, madera county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago